Who is the Walk Across Texas! program for?
The Walk Across Texas! program is for anyone who wants to use a fun and motivating team approach to being more active.
There is an adult and youth version of the program, each designed for teams to work together towards the goal of 832 miles. Teams can also compete against other teams to see who can get the farthest!
Ready to take on the challenge? Grab your friends, family, co-workers and let's get started!
Is Walk Across Texas! really free?
Yes, Walk Across Texas! is 100% FREE! Get started by registering today!
Is there a mobile app available for the Walk Across Texas! program?
Registration in Howdy Health and participation in Walk Across Texas! is now all mobile responsive!
Below is the process for how to add the app icon to your home screen:
For iPhones, iPads (or any iOS device):
- On the device, launch the Safari browser and go to https://howdyhealth.org/programs/wat
- Click share icon at the bottom (The square with an arrow pointing upward)
- Scroll through the icons and select 'Add to Home Screen'
- The WAT!/Howdy Health app will appear on your iOS device's home screen
For Android devices like a Samsung Galaxy:
- On the device, launch Chrome and go to https://howdyhealth.org/programs/wat
- Tap the menu button and tap 'Add to Homescreen'
- The WAT!/Howdy Health app will appear on your Android device's home screen
As the user, you will be required to enter your username / password initially to access the dashboard, but as long as you don't closeout the app, you will be able to quickly access your WAT! dashboard to enter mileage and you and your team's mileage progress.
How can Walk Across Texas! work for a company or work site?
Thanks for taking the first step to encourage more activity with your company or work site!
Walk Across Texas! can help your employees by providing the motivation through friendly competition and a network of team members to lean on for support! The program can be implemented in a variety of work settings and we can help you get started today by providing access to healthy resources, helpful tips, and a community dedicated to supporting physical activity.
We would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how you can take the first step in creating a healthier work site with Walk Across Texas!