Week 4 Topic: Staying Motivated
You are almost halfway there! Let us reflect on the past 3 weeks. What are some things you have learned about yourself? What are some areas you wish to improve? Self-reflection gives you a chance to modify your goals by either increasing your daily exercise time or adjust your goals, so they are attainable. The most important thing to remember is that this is a marathon, not a sprint. If you feel discouraged or guilty for not meeting your weekly goals, you can recover and start again!Physical Activity Tips:
Here are some tips to help you stay motivated this week!
Healthy Eating Tips:
- Do not let guilt bring you down! If you have missed a couple of days, accept that there will be setbacks. Start again, and do not give up!
- Use your support team as a cheering team!
- If you cannot complete a longer workout, break up your activity into mini sessions!
- Acknowledge your gains and triumphs
- Stick to your favorite physical activities or play your favorite music
Whole grains can reduce the risks of heart disease, weight gain, and constipation. Here are some ideas for incorporating more whole grains into your diet:
Week 4 Goal:
- Use 100% whole wheat bread on sandwiches.
- Substitute whole wheat flour in place of all‐purpose white flour.
- Add brown rice to recipes instead of white rice (or try half and half!).
- Eat hot oatmeal for breakfast.
Our goal for this week will be to make Week 4 our best week yet! Check out Ace Fitness
for additional motivational tips to stay active!