We are excited that you are joining us in this physical activity program designed to establish a habit of regular physical activity.
Remember, you are not in this alone; each adult team may include up to 8 team members, all working together to reach the 832-mile goal.
Over the next eight-weeks, you will receive weekly newsletters with tips for a successful virtual journey across Texas and resources tailored for individuals who would like to learn more about diabetes self-care and management.
The weekly newsletter topics include:
• Get Active, Living with Diabetes
• Safety First
• Balance and Fall Prevention
• Staying Motivated
• Mindful Living
• Turn Excuses into Solutions
• Family Fun
• Be Your True (Best) Self
Keep on the lookout for some Virtual Fun and Giveaways! To create team spirit and encouragement, the WAT! Adult – Diabetes Edition team will be hosting virtual events to celebrate you and your teams’ accomplishments!
Don’t forget to recruit your Team Members! Be sure to send them your team code and to follow these instructions:
- Create or log into your account at https://howdyhealth.org/programs
- Click the WAT! Dashboard button under the WAT! Adult section
- Click the 'Join a Team' button
- Complete the join a team form and paste in the 'Team Code' when prompted
Congratulations on taking steps to better your health!
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Family and Community Health
All rights reserved